Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CertRCO); Diploma 1 (CertRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
A flexible programme of tuition on the pieces, keyboard skills tests, and the written papers (including aural) for CRCO, ARCO and FRCO.Scroll to the bottom of the page to book on-line.
This is an essential day for those entered for the examinations in July 2017 and will be an informative event for those whose sights are set further ahead. It takes place at the College's London centre for the organ playing component.
Please note that as at 11 May, there are no places remaining for the sessions on CRCO and ARCO pieces and keyboard skills and only a limited number for FRCO pieces and keyboard skills. There are a limited number of places left for the written paper and aural sessions for all three diplomas. CRCO students wishing to attend the session on question 3 of the written paper immediately before lunch and the sessions on written paper question 2 and question 1 (aural) in the afternoon should book a place for the afternoon only. Click here to send an email to be added to the waiting list in case places become available.
The day offers:
• the option to perform pieces and keyboard skills tests to the group (observers are equally welcome).
• tutors with extensive experience of RCO examinations
• the chance to share ideas and resources with other candidates and potential candidates
• a flexible timetable allowing those interested in just the playing or written papers to attend for the relevant session(s) at a reduced cost
• the option to book an individual 30-minute aural lesson (CRCO and ARCO only, £12 supplement payable on the day, not at point of booking).
Please note that the Written Paper sessions tend to focus on the Harmony and Counterpoint questions.
Comments on past Study Days:
• I highly enjoyed the day and feel very motivated to get prepared for the exam. Many thanks!
• Thank you for what I found to be an informative overview of the ARCO requirements, with some useful pointers as to the best ways to approach each section of the examination.
• Every part of the day was useful and it gave me a clearer idea of what is expected for the FRCO exam.
09.30 Doors open - refreshments available
10.00-13:00 CRCO and ARCO Pieces and Keyboard Skills (session finishes at 12:00 for CertRCO)
10:00-12:00 FRCO Written Papers
12:15-13:00 CRCO Written Paper question 3; FRCO Aural
13.00-13:45 Lunch (not provided)
13:45-17:00 FRCO Pieces and Keyboard skills (with mid-point break)
13:45-15:00 CRCO Written Paper question 2; ARCO Aural
15:00-15:15 Break (CRCO and ARCO)
15:15-16:15 CRCO Aural (day ends for CRCO tuition at 16:15)
15:15-17:00 ARCO Written Papers
The first figure is for a full day, the second for morning or afternoon attendance only. CRCO students attending only for the written paper sessions (including aural) pay the half-day rate.
RCO Members £58/£38
RCO Student Members £38/£25
Full time students £43/£30
Thirty-minute aural lessons for CRCO and ARCO will be available with Simon Williams at 10:00, 10:30, 11:00 and 11:30 at a cost of £12 pounds each, payable on the day. These will be allocated in order of receipt of booking. [These lessons are fully booked.]
Other opportunities for exam candidates
Individual organ and written paper lessons (the latter can be taken by correspondence) from RCO Academy accredited teachers
RCO Academy's programme of three-hour classes includes topics relevant to examination candidates.
Easter Course, 5-7 April 2017, Cambridge (for those looking at this page in time!)
Summer Course, 31 July-5 August 2017, London
iRCO virtual learning environment includes many useful helpsheets and short films
The next 'Preparing for.CRCO, ARCO and FRCO' Study Day will take place on 25 November 2017 at St Barnabas Church, Dulwich.