Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email email@example.com or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. All times are GMT/BST. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
Improve your hymn playing and learn how to play hymn extensions in two online classes taught by Anne Marsden Thomas and Frederick Stocken. There will be two classes on 19 and 26 running simultaneously at CRCO and ARCO levels. If the level in which you are interested is fully booked please click here to send an email expressing interest in attending a future series. Each class begins at 18:00hrs and ends at 19:00hrs (BST).
All participants will be able to play throughout each class, either to the group or muted while others play. Everyone will be visible on screen and will be able to ask questions at any time.
Requirements in order to participate
• Your copy of the New English Hymnal
• Access to an organ with pedals
• Attendance at both classes
• A commitment to spend a minimum of one hour between classes practising at the keyboard
• A good broadband connection (ideally wired, but stable wireless if not) and fluency with Zoom technology. Click here for further information
• Your computer placed next to the organ
• If aged under 18, a parent, guardian or other trusted adult must be present in the same building for the duration of the class
To maintain the highest quality learning experience, places on each series of classes is strictly limited to five participants. Recent experience with RCO online learning suggests there will be high demand for these classes, so please apply quickly if interested.
You may also be interested in Towards CRCO and ARCO Keyboard Skills—five linked online classes.
Fee: RCO Members £80 (two classes @ £40 each); Non-members £110 (two classes @ £55 each)