Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email email@example.com or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
Please note that we have relatively few places remaining for this course and that bookings, together with completed Timetable Request Forms, should be received by Thursday 31 May to allow for timetabling work to begin.
The big course with the personal touch, offering up to seven levels of study from complete beginner through to diploma level and beyond. The course, founded by Anne Marsden Thomas MBE, is directed by Simon Williams and taught by members of the RCO's team of Accredited Teachers. Scroll to the bottom of the page to book online. Booking closes on 8 July, with early bird booking discounts available till 28 February.
• 70 places available for all ages and stages
• based at the historic St Giles Cripplegate Church with its three pipe organs
• many more organs in the City of London available for teaching and practice
• personilsed timetables to suit your needs
• performance opportunities in masterclasses, services and student concerts
• tuition options (in classes and individually) on
all aspects of playing technique
service playing (hymns, worship songs, psalms, accompanying and conducting choirs, choosing voluntaries)
keyboard skills, including graded improvisation classes
Comments from students on recent courses
• An excellent course - I wish I’d come years ago
• Staff and other students are universally supportive, kind and helpful
• Brilliantly organised with very good balance and variety of activity across each day and across the week.
• Tutors top class - one is inspired to onwards and upwards.
• A choice of so many different organs in different churches
• This was the 10th year that we have attended the course. It has become a fixed date in our diaries and the summer wouldn't be the same without it. I am already looking forward to coming next year!
What to prepare (detailed information can be found in the General Information Booklet - click here to download)
• Your choice of repertoire for masterclasses drawn from the RCO's comprehensive accreditation offering and the grade exams of ABRSM (all listed in the General Information Booklet).
• Your choice of service music if you wish to be considered to play in the three services during the week (service music listed is listed in the General Information Booklet).
• Pieces to play in individual lessons and, if you wish, student concerts (this can overlap with the masterclass music)
Accommodation and meals
Students are responsible for their own arrangements with regard to accommodation and meals. We will send you suggestions for accommodation in the area, and have provisionally reserved a number of places at Sundial Court, six-minutes' walk from St Giles, for course members to book bed & breakfast. The 2018 rates are yet to be confirmed but 2017 rates were as follows: £51.40 for B&B; dinner cost £10.50 (can be booked by non-residents). Eating dinner at Sundial Court allows you easily to enjoy the company of other course members. We recommend this option to those attending the Course for the first time. Click here to email Sundial Court to secure your accommodation and/or book dinner, quoting 'RCO Academy Summer Course' as the reference.
We welcome bookings from young organists. Those who are under 18 during the course must be under the supervision of an adult at all times. If the organisers feel that at any time that the level of supervision is insufficient, then the student's parent/guardian may be asked to remove the student from the course. We ask that the adult supervisor be named when booking. No charge is made for accompanying adults supervising a student aged under 18 provided that they do not seek to benefit directly from the course.
Discounts are available for RCO Members. A further reduction is available for those who book on or before 28 February 2017. To secure your place on the course you can either pay in full or pay a deposit of £50, the balance of fees being payable no later than 31 May 2018. Those wishing to benefit from the early booking discount must pay in full at the time of booking. Click here to join the RCO before booking.
All fees are inclusive of VAT at 20%.
Bookings received by 28 February: £532.00
As above with RCO Member discount: £485.00
Bookings received from 1 March: £560.00
From 1 March with RCO Member discount: £510.00
We welcome applications for bursaries towards the cost of the course fees. These should be received by the College by 1 May 2017. Click here to go the Awards & Bursaries page. You can also approach other bodies such as your local IAO Organists' Association (click here for a full list) or, if you play for church services, the minister and PCC/governing body of your church.
Course documents (click the name of the document to download it)
• General Information Booklet (contains a detailed description of course content and workings together with the masterclass repertoire and service music lists. Read this before you book and to help you complete the Timetable Request Form once your booking has been acknowledged)
• Timetable Request Form (please complete and return this as soon as you can after you have received notification that your booking payment - deposit or full fees - has been successful)
• Programme Note Form (to follow)
• Medical Emergencies Form (to follow)
Click here to send an email or telephone 020 3865 7003.