Through the RCO Academy, the College is committed to life-long learning in the fields of organ playing and choral directing.
The RCO Academy was launched in 2009, building on an educational programme which began in 1995 with the appointment of the College’s first Education Officer.
Since then the College has worked alongside a broad range of valued partners to develop a programme of events and activities which together provide high quality experiences across the United Kingdom in the field of organ playing and choral directing for people of all ages and backgrounds, whether or not they have any previous experience.
Through its RCO Academy programme, the College supports:
- Outreach to all, raising awareness of organ and choral music
- The recruitment and nurturing of the next generation of young musicians
- Those seeking accreditation in organ playing, organ teaching and choral directing
- Lifelong learning and continuing professional development for organists of all standards and aspirations
- Opportunities to share common interests and explore the full glory of the organ and its associated repertoires.
RCO Academy offers a wide range of events and activities and, under the RCO Academy Organ School banner, a range of scheduled classes and individual tuition for organists.
Click here for more details on the current programme of events and activities
Click here for more details on the current schedule of classes
Click here for more details on finding an organ teacher for individual tuition