Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email email@example.com or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
The big course with the personal touch, offering up to seven levels of study from beginner through to diploma level and beyond. The course, founded by Anne Marsden Thomas MBE, is directed by Catherine Ennis and taught by members of the RCO's team of accredited Teachers. Scroll to the bottom of the page to book online. Booking closes on 9 July so don't delay!
• 70 places available
• based at St Giles Cripplegate Church with its three pipe organs
• many more organs in the City of London available for teaching and practice
• performance opportunities in services and student concerts
• tuition to suit your needs in classes and individually on
◦ all aspects of playing technique
◦ repertoire playing
◦ service playing (hymns, worship songs, psalms, accompanying and
◦ keyboard skills, including improvisation
Comments from students on recent courses
• Brilliantly organised with very good balance and variety of activity across each day and across the week.
• Tutors top class - one is inspired to onwards and upwards.
• As a first time student I was made to feel really welcome and I was impressed with how everyone made an effort to speak to me and ask if I needed help.
• A choice of so many different organs in different churches
• Enjoyed every minute aned am going home with bags of useful advice, tips and encouragement.
What to prepare
• Your choice of repertoire for masterclasses drawn from the RCO's comprehensive accreditation offering. Click here for details. Please note that you do not have to be preparing for an RCO examination to attend the course or to play in the masterclasses.
• Your choice of service music if you wish to be considered to play in the three services during the week. Click here for details.
• Pieces to play in individual lessons and, if you wish, student concerts (this can overlap with the masterclass music
Accommodation and meals
Students are responsible for their own arrangements with regard to accommodation and meals. We will send you suggestions for accommodation in the area, and have provisionally reserved a number of places at Sundial Court, six minutes' walk from St Giles, for course members to book bed & breakfast. The 2017 rates are as follows (plus VAT where applicable): £53.20 for B&B; £10.50 for dinner (can be booked by non-residents). Eating dinner at Sundial Court allows you easily to enjoy the company of other course members, and we recommend this option to those attending the course for the first time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your accommodation and/or to book dinner, quoting 'RCO Academy Summer Course' as the reference. Places are limited, so we suggest you book early, but there may be a delay in your booking being acknowledged as the GSMD member of staff who deals with bookings is off sick until the end of February.
We welcome bookings from young organists. Those who are still under 18 on the last day of the course must be under the supervision of an adult at all times. If the organisers feel that at any time that the level of supervision is insufficient, then the student's parent/guardian may be asked to remove the student from the course. We ask that the adult supervisor be named when booking. No charge is made for accompanying adults supervising a student aged under 18 provided that they do not seek to benefit directly from the course.
Discounts are available for RCO Members or for those learning with an RCO Academy Accredited Teacher. A further reduction is available for those who book on or before 28 February 2017. To secure your place on the course you can either pay in full or pay a deposit of £50, the balance of fees being payable no later than 31 May 2017.
All fees are inclusive of VAT at 20%.
• Bookings received by 28 February: £515.00
• As above with RCO discount: £480.00
• Bookings received from 1 March: £545.00
• From 1 March with RCO discount: £505.00
Terms and conditions of booking
When making your booking you are asked to accept the terms and conditions of booking. Please pay particular attention to the cancellation and refund of fees clauses. Click here to read the terms and conditions now.
We welcome applications for bursaries towards the cost of the course fees. These should be received by the College by 1 May 2017. Click here for further information.
Course documents [links will be added as these become available]
General Information Booklet
Timetable Request Form (only for completion once your booking has been acknowledged by the RCO)
Masterclass Repertoire Lists
Service Music List
Programme Note Form
Medical Emergencies Form
Click here to send an email or telephone 020 3865 7003.