Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
Directed by Daniel Moult, this highly popular and well-established course provides intensive tuition on organ repertoire and technique, keyboard skills, choral directing and accompanying for ambitious teenage organists of grade 7 standard and above, as well as information about applying for university organ scholarships and study at conservatoires.
Accommodation will be in individual rooms at Trinity College and many of Cambridge’s finest organs will be used for tuition and recitals. Please book early to guarantee a place since this course is often over-subscribed, and there is a cap on numbers this year. An early-bird discount is available until 25 February. We welcome applications for bursaries (apply by 1 May at the latest. Click here to download the bursary application form). For online booking please scroll to the bottom of the page.
• expert and inspiring teaching team (details below) with huge combined experience of music making at the highest level
• receive tuition on many of the superb organs in Cambridge
• sing and direct choral services of evensong in Cambridge University college chapels
• gain insights in to university and conservatoire organ auditions
• attend tutor concerts
• make lasting friendships and forge vital connections both in classes and in the lively social programme
• Daniel Moult, Course Director; Head of the highly acclaimed organ department at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire––a London-based musician hugely in demand as a concert organist and organ tutor
• Ulrich Walther, brilliant German organist: professor of organ at the Kunstuniversität, Graz (Austria) and a busy recitalist, jury member and tutor. A star of his generation.
• Catherine Ennis, one of the UK’s foremost organists – a much celebrated concert artist and teacher, and President of the Royal College of Organists
• Anne Page a superb and renowned international performer and teacher – at the forefront of organ education with the Cambridge Academy of Organ Studies and her harmonium teaching at the Royal Academy of Music
• Nicholas Wearne a leading light of his generation – a stellar performer and charismatic communicator leading a busy freelance career, and an organ tutor at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
• Sarah MacDonald, our wonderful and inspiring director of the choral programme on Cambridge-based TOSE courses – Director of Music at Selwyn College, Cambridge and of Ely Cathedral Girls’ Choir
Fees (the first figure given is for RCO Student Members; the second for non-Members)
• Early-bird rates (available till 28 February) for those paying the fees in full: £600/£635
• Booking but paying a deposit only (minimum £50, balance due by 31 May): £630/£665
• Bed and Breakfast Tuesday 24/Wednesday 25 July and/or Sunday 29/Monday 30 July: £40 (for those needing to arrive a day early/leave a day late; please note that this is subject to availability to be confirmed nearer the time. Please email Simon Williams at RCO to discuss your needs.)
If applying for a bursary please book your course place before 1 May, paying the deposit only, and complete and return the bursary application form as soon as possible.
Click here to download the bursary application form.
Click here to email us with any questions.
Join the RCO
Student Membership costs £53 a year and is renewable on 1 July. The half-year rate for those joining between 1 January and 31 March is just £25 so, join before 1 March and save the cost of the half-year membership by getting the £30 Student Member discount on the course fees! Those joining in the period April–June each year receive up to 15 months membership for the price of 12. Click here for further information.
Comments after the 2017 TOSE course