Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
A flexible programme of tuition on the pieces, keyboard skills tests, and the written papers (including aural) for CRCO, ARCO and FRCO. Scroll to the bottom of the page to book on-line.
This is an essential day for those entered for the examinations in July 2018 and will be an informative event for those whose sights are set further ahead. It takes place at the College's London centre for the organ playing component.
The day offers:
• the option to perform pieces and keyboard skills tests to the group (observers are equally welcome).
• tutors with extensive experience of RCO examinations
• the chance to share ideas and resources with other candidates and potential candidates
• a flexible timetable allowing those interested in just the playing or written papers to attend for the relevant session(s) at a reduced cost
• the option to book an individual 30-minute aural lesson (CRCO and ARCO only, £12 supplement payable on the day, not at point of booking).
Please note that the Written Paper sessions tend to focus on the Harmony and Counterpoint questions.
Comments on past Study Days
• I gained a lot from the event and wished I had attended before. The quality of tuition was very good. I would certainly recommend it and hope to participate again soon.
• Perfect course to prepare for the exam.
• This was my first attendance at an RCO course and was most impressed with the amount of work covered in the day and the quality of the teaching.
09.30 Doors open - refreshments available
10.00-13:00 CRCO and ARCO Pieces and Keyboard Skills (session finishes at 12:00 for CRCO)
10:00-12:00 FRCO Written Papers
12:15-13:00 CRCO Written Paper question 3; FRCO Aural
13.00-13:45 Lunch (not provided)
13:45-17:00 FRCO Pieces and Keyboard skills (with mid-point break)
13:45-15:00 CRCO Written Paper question 2; ARCO Aural
15:00-15:15 Break (CRCO and ARCO)
15:15-16:15 CRCO Aural (day ends for CRCO tuition at 16:15)
15:15-17:00 ARCO Written Papers
The first figure is for a full day, the second for morning or afternoon attendance only. CRCO students attending only for the written paper sessions (including Question 3 before lunch) pay the half-day rate.
RCO Members £58/£38
RCO Student Members £38/£25
Full time students £44/£30
Thirty-minute aural lessons for CRCO and ARCO will be available with Simon Williams at 10:00, 10:30, 11:00 and 11:30 at a cost of £12 pounds each, payable on the day. These will be allocated in order of receipt of booking.
Other opportunities for examination candidates
• Individual organ and written paper lessons (the latter can be taken by correspondence) from RCO Academy accredited teachers.
• iRCO virtual learning environment includes many useful helpsheets and short films (registration required)
The next study day at St Barnabas Dulwich will be in November 2018 (date to be announced)