Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. All times are GMT/BST. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
Join us online for three days of stimulating, fun and essential group and individual learning, including opportunities to play! Although we are again unable to meet in person this summer for our week-long course, we can enjoy and share a host of ideas and inspirational tips via our friendly and engaging Zoom sessions.
Who is the course for?
Teenage organists from approximately Grade 6 standard to ARCO. You may be applying for, or considering organ scholarships at universities and/or places of worship, or preparing for auditions for conservatoire entry. Or maybe you are looking ahead at such possibilities in coming years? Whatever your current situation is, you are very welcome!
• An individual 30-minute organ lesson with one of our renowned teachers (a piano or other keyboard can be used if you don't have access to an organ)
• Tuition in small groups (with opportunities to play) in hymn playing, accompaniment, and keyboard skills (sight reading, transposition, score reading)
• Tuition in 'Understanding the Voice' and 'Getting Started in Choral Directing'
• Learn about key composers for organ in four, short illustrated presentations
• Top tips on 'Improvising from zero' and how to achieve 'organ stardom'
• Everything you need to know about studying the organ at university and conservatoire—all your questions answered!
Our teaching team
• Daniel Moult, Course Director and head of the highly acclaimed organ department at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. One of the UK’s most versatile organists and hugely in demand as a concert organist and organ teacher, and with many CD and DVD recordings to his name.
• David Goode, Organist at Eton College where he directs a large and very impressive organ department. An international concert artist with many major recording projects to his name, and a highly sought-after organ teacher.
• Esther Jones is an acclaimed UK-based choral clinician and conductor. She teaches choral conducting and pedagogy at the Royal Academy of Music, and is currently Acting Artistic Director of London Youth Choir and Deputy Musical Director of the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain.
• Ronny Krippner, Organist and Director of Music at Croydon Minster from where he has broadcast on national televison and radio. Prizewinning improvisation specialist and recording artist both in the UK and Germany.
• Anne Page is internationally known as a recitalist and recording artist on organ and harmonium. She has taught generations of organ scholars, is a founder of the Cambridge Academy of Organ Studies and teaches at the Royal Academy of Music.
• Simon Williams, Director for RCO East, South and South West and Organist & Director of Music at St George’s Church, Hanover Square in London’s West End, with much experience in teaching and advising young organists.
Bursaries are available. Click here to download the application form and make sure to return it by 1 May. If applying for a bursary please book online using the link at the foot of this page but close your browser window when directed to the payments page.
Join the RCO
Student Membership costs £55 a year (£27.50 for students of RCO Accredited Teachers and Accredited Institutions). Join now and save over half the cost on the fee discount for this course. Click here for further details and to join online.
Where participants are aged under 18 on 29 July 2021 a parent or guardian must be present in the same building as the student and the door of the room the student is using must be left open.
Fee: RCO Student Members £50; Non-members £85