Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CertRCO); Diploma 1 (CertRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
SERVICES AND RECITALS DURING TOSE
RCO Members and members of the public are very welcome to attend the services sung by course members and recitals given by students and tutors during the course.
Click here to download full details of each of the following events, including the music.
Please note: this course is now fully booked. Click here to email, or telephone 020 3865 6998 to have your name added to a waiting list for use should places become available.
Join us in Oxford for the essential young organists' summer course in 2017. Perfect for teenage organists aged 14 to 19 preparing for or considering an organ scholarship at university, cathedral or church, and also for those who simply wish to gain experience in repertoire playing and technique, accompanying and conducting choirs, and keyboard skills (including improvisation). There are 45 places and generous bursaries are available (apply by 2 May - details below). Scroll to the bottom of the page to book online. Early bird discount available up till 28 February.
• expert teaching team (details below) with huge combined experience of music making at the highest level in church and concert hall
• perform in student concerts and receive tuition on many of the superb organs in Oxford, including the Dobson organ at Merton College
• sing and direct choral services of compline and evensong in Oxford University college chapels
• attend tutor recitals
• accommodation in individual rooms at The Queen's College
• make lasting friendships and forge vital connections both in classes and in the lively social programme
• Amy Bebbington, leading choral conductor and choral coach with extensive teaching and performing experience in the UK and USA, recently appointed Director of Training for ABCD
• Nathan Laube, one of the USA's top young virtuosi and Assistant Professor of Organ at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York
• Daniel Moult, co-director of the course, a London-based musician hugely in demand as a concert organist and organ tutor, and now Associate Head of Organ at Birmingham Conservatoire
• Matthew Owens, as Director of Music at Wells Cathedral he has built one of the UK's finest cathedral choirs; also recitalist and composer
• James Parsons, co-direcor of the course, organ tutor at Birmingham Conservatoire, and founder of the Oundle for Organists courses
• Owen Rees, Director of Music at The Queen's College, Oxford and Professor in the University's Music Department
• Simon Williams, Director for RCO East, South and South West regions and Organist, St George's Church, Hanover Square, London W1
• Christian Wilson, innovative and virtuoso organist with interests in jazz and other alternative genres, former organ scholar of Christ Church Cathedral
the first figure given is for RCO Student Members; the second for non-Members
• Early-bird rates (available till 28 February) for those paying the fees in full: £620/£650
• Booking but paying a deposit only (minimum £50, balance due by 31 May): £650/£680
• Booking from 31 May (full fees due immediately): £650/£680
If applying for a bursary please book your course place before 2 May, paying the deposit only, and complete and return the bursary application form as soon as possible.
Click here to download the bursary application form.
Click here to email us with any questions.
Join the RCO
Student Membership costs £52 a year renewable on 1 July. The half-year rate for those joining between 1 January and 31 March is just £25 so, join before 1 March and save more than cost of the half-year membership by getting the £30 Student Member discount on the course fees! Those joining in the period April–June each year receive up to 15 months membership for the price of 12.
Click here for further information.