Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. All times are GMT/BST. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
The course for ambitious teenagers looking for expert, supportive tuition across the range of skills young organists need to develop.
Booking now open
• Fees held at 2020 rates
• Early-bird discount period extended
• Generous bursaries available
Whether you are applying for or considering a university organ scholarship, entry to a conservatoire, taking up a gap-year organ scholarship, or simply looking to develop your musicianship this is the course for you. Just be sure to be of grade 7 standard or higher by the time the course takes place.
Under the artistic direction of Daniel Moult, you will receive detailed tuition in repertoire playing, performance skills, technique, keyboard skills, choral directing and choral accompaniment. After a break of a few years, we return to Oxford with accommodation in one of the colleges in the city centre. Book early to guarantee a place and to secure the early bird rate which, owing to the exceptional circumstance of 2020, is available till 31 March. We welcome applications for bursaries (see below for details and apply by 1 May at the latest). Scroll down to the bottom of the page to book on line.
• expert and inspiring teaching team with huge combined experience of music making and teaching at the highest level
• receive tuition on many of the superb organs in Oxford
• sing and direct choral services in Oxford University college chapels
• gain insights into university and conservatoire organ auditions
• attend concerts by young professional organists and the teaching staff
• make lasting friendships and forge vital connections both in classes and in the lively social programme
• bursaries available from the RCO to help with the cost of the fees
• accommodation in single room
• supervision from experienced pastoral staff
• Daniel Moult, Course Director and head of the highly acclaimed organ department at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. One of the UK’s most versatile organists and hugely in demand as a concert organist and organ teacher and with many CD and DVD recordings to his name.
• Janette Fishell, Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University’s prestigious Jacobs School of Music. A recitalist, teacher and church musician of international standing, she is a published author, composer, and recording artist for NAXOS and Loft Recordings.
• David Goode, Organist at Eton College where he directs a large and very impressive organ department. An international concert artist with many major recording projects to his name, and a highly sought after organ teacher.
• Esther Jones is an acclaimed UK-based choral clinician and conductor. She teaches choral conducting and pedagogy at the Royal Academy of Music, and is currently Acting Artistic Director of London Youth Choir and Deputy Musical Director of the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain.
• Ronny Krippner, Organist and Director of Music at Croydon Minster. Prizewinning improvisation specialist and recording artist both in the UK and Germany.
• Anne Page is internationally known as a recitalist and recording artist on organ and harmonium. She has taught generations of organ scholars and is a founder of the Cambridge Academy of Organ Studies.
• Simon Williams, Director for RCO East, South and South West and Organist & Director of Music at St George’s Church, Hanover Square in London’s West End.
Fees—held at 2020 rates (the first figure given is for RCO Student Members; the second for non-Members)
• Early-bird rates (available till 31 March): £640/£675
• Booking from 1 April: £690/£725
• Whether you book before or after 31 March you can pay the deposit of £50.00 with the balance of fees becoming due by 1 May. If booking from 1 May the full fees are due immediately.
• If you booked for the cancelled 2020 TOSE course and asked us to retain any payment of fees made, please state in the general comments box of the booking form whether or not you would like this money to be used to off-set the 2021 course fees.
If applying for a bursary please book your course place straight away and certainly before 1 May, paying the deposit only, and complete and return the bursary application form as soon as possible and before 1 May.
Click here to download the bursary application form.
Click here to email us with any questions
Join the RCO
Student Membership costs £55 a year. Join before booking and save over half the cost with he discounted course fee available to Student Members. (Students of RCO Accredited Institutions and RCO Accredited Teachers are entitled to join at the Affiliate Student Member rate of just £27.50 per year.)
Click here for further information.
For any enquiries to do with the course please click here to send an email.