RCO event marks Dr Francis Jackson’s 100th birthday
The Royal College of Organists will mark the 100th birthday of Dr Francis Jackson CBE with a special event on 4th October 2017.
The celebration has been organised at, and in conjunction with, York Minster where Dr Jackson directed the music with great distinction for 36 years.
Along with Dr Jackson, special guests at the event will include the Archbishop of York, the Most Reverend and Right Honourable Dr John Sentamu, and Katharine, Duchess of Kent GCVO.
A service of thanksgiving at Bishopthorpe Palace will be followed by lunch. Guests will then make their way to York Minster for Evensong, followed by a reception in the Minster.
For more details and information on how to attend, please visit www.rco.org.uk/events.php?eventid=509
ABOUT THE RCO
1. The Royal College of Organists (RCO) has supported and represented organists and choral directors for more than 150 years. With members in nearly 40 countries around the world, we work together to promote the best in organ playing and choral directing, to encourage anyone who is interested to learn more about this fascinating and versatile musical instrument, and to explore its history and repertoire.
2. Our vision is for a world in which organ and choral music are widely valued as being central to cultural and spiritual life. We support organists and choral directors of every age and all levels of attainment with:
• effective advocacy;
• readily accessible support, advice and subject materials;
• an educational programme that develops and maintains high standards of competence and artistry; and
• relevant professional and vocational qualifications of high integrity.
3. For more information on the Royal College of Organists, please visit www.rco.org.uk
ABOUT VISCOUNT CLASSICAL ORGANS
1. Viscount Classical Organs is the UK’s leading digital organ specialist. For more information on Viscount Organs, please visit viscountorgans.net
For more information about this release, please contact: Marc Sanderson, Head of Marketing & PR on +44 (0)1789 739247 or +44 (0)7879 600803, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org