Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
This diploma study session, offered on the organ in St Paul’s Hall used for the examination, will cover the practical elements of CRCO, ARCO and FRCO diplomas. It is essential preparation for those taking diplomas exams at the next session, but will also be of interest to those contemplating an exam in the future. There will be opportunities for discussion and the exchange of ideas. Topics covered will include:
• Syllabus repertoire (style, console management, effective learning techniques)
• Prepared keyboard tests (transposition, score-reading, harmonisation)
• Improvisation and figured bass
St Paul's Hall is part of the University of Huddersfield, and the organ is that used for RCO Diploma examinations. A specification can be downloaded from this page. Click here for a map showing the location.
Other opportunities for examination candidates
• Individual organ and written paper lessons (the latter can be taken by correspondence) from RCO Academy accredited teachers
• Easter Course 5–7 April 2018, Oxford
• Diploma Study day 23 June 2018, St Barnabas, Dulwich (also November 2018, date tbc)
• Summer Course 30 July–4 August 2018, London
• iRCO virtual learning environment includes many useful helpsheets and short films (registration required)
Fee: RCO Members/non-members: £45/£55; Student Members/non-members: £25/£30