Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email email@example.com or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
The course for ambitious teenagers looking for expert, supportive tuition across the range of skills young organists need to develop. Please note the change of dates and location from those previously advertised. Scroll to the bottom of the page for information about TOSE-in-a-Day on Saturday 21 March in London.
Whether you are applying for or considering a university organ scholarship, entry to a conservatoire, taking up a gap-year organ scholarship, or simply looking to develop your musicianship this is the course for you. Just be sure to be of grade 7 standard or higher by the time the course takes place.
Under the artistic direction of Daniel Moult, you will receive detailed tuition in repertoire playing, performance skills, technique, keyboard skills, choral directing and choral accompaniment. We are based once again at Trinity College, Cambridge with its celebrated and refurbished Metzler organ and many other practice facilities. Book early to guarantee a place and to secure the early bird rate which is available until 29 February. We welcome applications for bursaries (see below for details and apply by 1 May at the latest). Scroll down to the bottom of the page to book on line.
• expert and inspiring teaching team with huge combined experience of music making and teaching at the highest level
• receive tuition on many of the superb organs in Cambridge
• sing and direct choral services in Cambridge University college chapels
• gain insights into university and conservatoire organ auditions
• attend concerts by young professional organists and the teaching staff
• make lasting friendships and forge vital connections both in classes and in the lively social programme
• bursaries available from the RCO to help with the cost of the fees
• accommodation in single, ensuite rooms
• supervision from experienced pastoral staff
• Daniel Moult, Course Director and head of the highly acclaimed organ department at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. One of the UK’s most versatile organists and hugely in demand as a concert organist and organ teacher and with many CD and DVD recordings to his name.
• Janette Fishell, Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University’s prestigious Jacobs School of Music. A recitalist, teacher and church musician of international standing, she is a published author, composer, and recording artist for NAXOS and Loft Recordings.
• Anne Page is internationally known as a recitalist and recording artist on organ and harmonium. She has taught generations of organ scholars and is a founder of the Cambridge Academy of Organ Studies.
• Gordon Stewart, is one of the UK's most experienced organ teachers, having been Head of Organ at the RNCM and a visiting tutor at Cambridge University. He is in much demand as a concert artist, and is the resident organist at Huddersfield Town Hall.
• Simon Williams, Director for RCO East, South and South West and Organist & Director of Music at St George’s Church, Hanover Square in London’s West End.
Fees (the first figure given is for RCO Student Members; the second for non-Members)
• Early-bird rates (available till 29 February): £640/£675
• Booking from 1 March: £690/£725
• Whether you book before or after 29 February you can pay the deposit of £50.00 with the balance of fees becoming due by 1 May. If booking from 1 May the full fees are due immediately.
If applying for a bursary please book your course place as soon as possible and before 1 May, paying the deposit only, and complete and return the bursary application form as soon as possible and before 1 May.
Click here to download the bursary application form.
Click here to email us with any questions
Join the RCO
Student Membership costs £55 a year and is renewable on 1 July. The half-year rate for those joining between 1 January and 31 March is just £25 so why not join us and save the cost of the half-year membership by getting the £35 Student Member discount on the course fees!
Click here for further information.
TOSE-in-a-Day, taking place in Central London on Saturday 21 March is now open for booking. Click here for details. The event offers much of the content of the TOSE course compressed into one day and is suitable for those coming on the TOSE course, those who are unable to make the dates and also those not quite ready to do so.