Event details can be found below. Please book online whenever you see the Book Online link. If you have any enquiries relating to a booking, please email email@example.com or call 020 3865 6998.
Note that the 24-hour clock is used on all event listings. For classes, the following key is used as a guide to level and suitability : Beginner (Grades 1-4); Intermediate (Grades 4-6); Advanced (Grades 6-8 / CRCO); Diploma 1 (CRCO–ARCO); Diploma 2 (ARCO–FRCO); All Standards. For more information on the different types of events organised by the College, click here.
Whether you are applying for or considering a university organ scholarship, entry to a conservatoire, taking up a gap-year organ scholarship, or simply looking to develop your musicianship, this is the course for you. Just be sure to be of grade 7 standard or higher by the time the course takes place.
Booking has now closed for this year's course. If you still wish to be considered for the course please click here to email with your enquiry. Those already booked to attend maystill book Sunday lunch for family etc., and accommodation for Monday evening 22 July.
Under the artistic direction of Daniel Moult, you will receive detailed tuition in repertoire playing, performance skills, technique, keyboard skills, choral directing and choral accompaniment. We are based once again at Trinity College, Cambridge with its celebrated and recently refurbished Metzler organ and many other practice facilities. Book early to guarantee a place and to secure the early bird rate which is available until 28 February. We welcome applications for bursaries (see below for details and apply by 1 May at the latest). Scroll down to the bottom of the page to book on line.
• expert and inspiring teaching team with huge combined experience of music making and teaching at the highest level
• receive tuition on many of the superb organs in Cambridge
• sing and direct choral services in Cambridge University college chapels
• gain insights into university and conservatoire organ auditions
• attend concerts by recent competiiton winners Callum Alger and Johannes Krahl. Click here and here for their programmes
• make lasting friendships and forge vital connections both in classes and in the lively social programme
• bursaries available from the RCO to help with the cost of the fees (see below for details)
• accommodation in single, ensuite rooms
• supervision from experienced pastoral staff
• Daniel Moult, Course Director and head of the highly acclaimed organ department at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. One of the UK’s most versatile organists and hugely in demand as a concert organist and organ teacher and with many CD and DVD recordings to his name.
• Sarah Baldock, trail-blazing UK organist and choral director with prestigious cathedral and education appointments throughout her career. Prize winner at various international organ competitions. Another exciting addition to the vibrant TOSE team!
• Tom Bell, highly acclaimed UK performer, teacher and animateur, with a particular interest in contemporary music and cross-arts collaboation, and Director of RCO North. A very popular TOSE teacher returns!
• Tansy Castledine, a dynamic and renowned musician and choral director, who we are delighted to welcome to TOSE for the first time! Recently appointed Director of Music at Peterborough Cathedral.
• Henry Fairs, stellar UK organist and teacher. Associate Head of Organ at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and holding visiting and honorary professorships at Leipzig’s Musikhochschule and the University of St Andrews.
• Erwan le Prado, award winning, charismatic performer and teacher. Renowned across Europe, and based at St Etienne, Caen with its superlative Cavaillé-Coll organ.
• Simon Williams, Director for RCO East, South and South West and Organist & Director of Music at St George’s Church, Hanover Square in London’s West End.
Fees (the first figure given is for RCO Student Members; the second for non-Members)
• Early-bird rates (available till 28 February) for those paying the fees in full: £630/£665
• Booking before 28 February but paying a deposit only (minimum £50, balance due by 31 May) or booking from 1 March: £660/£695
• For those who need to arrive early/stay over at the end of the course, Bed and Breakfast for the nights of Monday 24 and Sunday 28 July may be offered subject to availability and for an additional charge to be confirmed nearer the time. Please email to discuss your needs.
If applying for a bursary please book your course place as soon as possible and before 1 May, paying the deposit only, and complete and return the bursary application form as soon as possible and before 1 May.
Click here to download the bursary application form and here for general information about RCO bursaries.
Click to email us with any questions
Join the RCO
Student Membership costs £55 a year and is renewable on 1 July. The half-year rate for those joining between 1 January and 31 March is just £25 so why not join us and save the cost of the half-year membership by getting the £35 Student Member discount on the course fees! Those joining in the period April–June each year receive up to 15 months membership for the price of 12.
Click here for further information.